TechReady Professionals is looking for a Senior Computer Technician with demonstrated experience supporting computer hardware, software and networks. The ideal candidate has a proficient understanding of designing, organizing, modifying, installing and supporting business networks in order to manage larger projects and lead associate technicians. The Senior Computer Tech must be comfortable working in a collaborative environment and handing a number of client accounts across all departments. This position requires diagramming and defining of the primary interfaces, creating wire-frames and prototypes to support network infrastructure.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments, including computer hardware, systems software, applications software
- Plan, coordinate and implement network security, backup and disaster recovery measures in order to protect data, software and hardware.
- Gather data pertaining to customer needs, and use the information to identify, predict, interpret and evaluate system and network requirements
- Monitor network performance in order to determine whether adjustments need to be made, and to determine where changes will need to be made in the future
- Recommend changes to improve systems and network configuration determine hardware or software requirements to such changes
- Research new technology, and implement or recommend its implementation while planning to train people in its adoption
- 4+ years of experience installing and supporting computer networks
- Bachelors degree or related education level
- Excellent communication and management skills
- Working knowledge of designing and installing LANs, WANs, Internet and intranet systems and network segments while additionally administering servers, workstations, routers, switches, firewalls, software deployment, security updates and additional networking technologies
- Compensation and hours will be discussed during interview process
- We offer competitive compensation and very flexible hours
- See the ‘benefits and perks’ section below (details during interview)
TechReady Professionals is an equal opportunity employer and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of age, race, sex, color, religion, disability (mental or physical), sexual orientation, military service, national origin or any other status or characteristic protected by law.